Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 18th - Apres Diem (Altanta, GA)

True appreciation of the Las Vegas lifestyle sometimes requires an escape. As the old saying goes, you never miss it until it's gone... Wait a minute. Who the hell am I kidding? I love my life in Las Vegas but I adore my long distance beau currently residing in Atlanta, GA. Over the next six days, I'll be posting my experiences here in this Southern Chocolate City.

Here in Atlanta, spring is arriving with all deliberate speed. Explosions of blossoms dot a landscape of evergreens and maple trees still bare from winter's kiss. My nose hasn't figured quite how to respond to the humidity in the air. It is green and beautiful all around with rolling hills and pockets of civilization amongst the forests. I spent most of the day reuniting with the love of my life. I'll try not to focus on how awesome he is, but after 30 years of living and learning you gotta appreciate the good when you see it. One of the things I love most about him is his affinity to nightlife. His penchant for nocturnal activities makes me look like a nun in solitary confinement. On this night, I think he went easy on me.


Sweets took me to a bar/lounge called Apres Diem. Apres Diem is known for its ultra relaxed atmosphere, musical entertainment and array of sumptuous desserts. As romantics do, we sat in a corner enjoying cocktails and hypothesizing about what other couples were discussing at their tables. We dined while listening to live jazz sounds coming from an unseen band. They proposed obtaining kicks on Route 66. I don't even remember what we spoke of after that. I just remember smiling and holding hands and feeling like I was 19 again and we were meeting for the very first time. How's that for sappiness? Katie, our waitress was kind enough to snap a couple of photos of us before we made our way back home.

This isn't Las Vegas...but I do call it bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment