Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8th - Yellowtail Sushi @ Bellagio

I walked into Bellagio and was immediately embraced by the frangance of flowers. Hmmmm! Spring has officially arrived in Las Vegas when the gardens at Bellagio are filled with beautiful, beautiful tulips. It's a honeybee's wet dream for sure. Alas, I was on a networking and sushi-tasting mission. I have been threatening to go to the Tuesday night networking event at Lavo for the longest but never got around to doing it. Now the program has changed to Wednesday nights, the first of which was last night at Yellowtail Sushi at Bellagio. That was fine with me. I've been in a business card exchanging kind of mood and I wanted to try the restaurant out to see if it would appeal to the sushi addict in my life (aka Sweets).

Yellowtail is a gorgeous bar , lounge and restaurant positioned with a view of the famous Bellagio fountatins. It has a ritzy vibe but manages to be comfortable and the sushi isn't ridiculously priced. Tonight's networking event offered free samples of some of the items on the menu. There was a shrimp tempura dipped in some sort of lemon flavored concoction and something that resembled a tuna pizza. I had a ridiculously small glass of plum wine but the staff was extremely pleasant and not too naked. It's definitely a place I would revisit.

While there, I made the acquaintance of Jan and Jim. They have been residents of Las Vegas for three years and were very impressed with the business climate. They made a habit of attending networking events and enjoyed taking day trips to the many hidden jewels throughout Southern Nevada and Death Valley. They mentioned the oasis at the China Ranch Date Farm and a little known biker bar in Mountain Springs. I liked them immediately which is probably why I ended up telling them my life story. Much like my fellow Phenomenal Women Las Vegas, they had really good energy and were genuinely eager to make a connection. However, what I enjoyed most was the fact that there was absolutely no mention made about the state of the economy.

Yes, we're in the thick of it and it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. However, we are the masters of our own fate. We can be victims and watch our worlds tumble around us...or we can remain strong, take action, seek out opportunities and keep on truckin.' Last week, I brought a friend to a networking event whose aunt was looking for a condo to purchase. At that the networking event, there just happened to be a number of realtors present and one of those realtors just happened to have a condo for $35,000. Coincidence? Well, I don't believe in coincidences. I do believe that there are answers for every questions and resolutions for every issue. They're usually found in other people and all one has to do is ask.

Frankly, I'm about ready to do something crazy or run into some nutty people or something. All this sanity and reason of late is wayyy to mature for this thirty-something.

No comments:

Post a Comment