Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 16th - Apache Cafe Hip Hop Jam Session II

.....continued from I.

Next, my man Orphan got on the mic and put it down. He had the crowd singing his hook "ANIMAL" as he finessed his way back and forth across the stage. I especially liked the way he was prepared to market himself. When I approached him about posting his video on my blog, he had his business card ready to go. Orphan is a member of The Tripod 3xperience. They even have a tagline: "Rugged, musical genius with a touch of class." Orphan, much love to you! Do your thing!



The next guy had me dying laughing. Before this guy took the stage or uttered a single syllable, My Sweetheart said he was the incarnation of Bizzy Bone. Sweetheart called it right. He looked and sounded every bit like Bone Thugs n Harmony. Homeboy came to put on a show. After he finished stating that he was a Gemini and brought a close to his song about freaky girls, he put the mic down on the stage and began doing some of the weakest poplocking I've ever seen. He then ripped his shirt off like something akin to Michael Jackson and proudly flexed for the audience. I just about fell on the floor crying. I'm glad I got it on video.

By this time, I was quite pleased that I'd come. We'd reached that point in the night where there is a sense of intimacy among the attendees and participants. Folks were feeling good about the show, the performers, the venue, and their cocktails. There was no negativity and certainly no disrespect toward anyone brave enough to get up on that stage and speak their minds. For some first-timers to the stage, the night proved to be a learning experience.

Continue to Apache Cafe Hip Hop Jam Session III here.

Go back to Apache Cafe Hip Hop Jam Session I here.

No comments:

Post a Comment